My awesome husband bought me a kitchen sprouter from Honeyville Farms for my birthday this year. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving. I have had so much fun sprouting different yummy things. I was going to wait and share this on my food storage blog but I don't have it put together enough to share it yet.
I am starting something new. Troy and I have really no food storage (well I should say we didn't). We had a couple months set aside but that was a year ago (and he has been out of work since last June) so that went pretty fast.
So I am going to track how we are getting our basic food storage while unemployed. It takes some sacrifice, but we feel our Heavenly Father is on board and he is blessing us with the ability to slowly build it up.
I'll share more soon.


Things I have sprouted and had success with:
Wheat
Peas
Alfalfa Sprouts
Things that didn't sprout so well:
Pinto Beans (they went moldy before they sprouted)
THE THINGS I HAVE LEARNED THROUGH SPROUTING: If in times of need - you are having to live without fresh veggies you can sprout wheat and peas for example and they are considered live, fresh food. So COOL...
1 comment:
Good for you guys! My daughter, Matti is doing this and loves it too;-)
Still interested in a Renewal some time?
Post a Comment