Thursday, May 18, 2006



Just a quick update from Antigua. Our internet has been down for the last two weeks so I haven't been able to post. We are still doing well but missing our daddy so much. We are hoping to exit PGN anyday now and then we will be just a couple weeks from coming home.

Antigua is so amazing. It is really cool with the cobblestone streets and all the city has walls on it that look really old but then you can go through a door and be at the most beautiful place you have ever seen. It really is beautiful and such a great experience to be here experiencing this. I love going out in the afternoons and just walking around the city. You can go to the bakery and get fresh bread and they have a cookie store that you can get fresh bakes cookies. There is a store for everything. The grocery stores are pretty interesting becuase everything is in Spanish and things aren't in the same spot twice. So it is an adventure everytime you go. I hired a nanny to cook for us three days a week and she shops for the stuff too. She only charges $2.50 an hour which is amazing and cheap but you get really great food out of it. Too bad I can't take them to the states. I will post more pictures later I have been up here for awhile and Reagan is not happy with me and Lauren is watching movies with her friends. Talk to you all soon.

3 comments:

Jenny-ology said...

What a cool experience to live there. I hope the paperwork finishes up fast. I miss you up here, but I'm glad you can be there with both of your kids.

Jenny-ology said...

Oh, I forgot!
I'm so jealous you have a cook for 2.50 an hour. What would the rest of us give for some of that?

Andrea said...

Those two look meant to be. I can almost feel the love from the picture!

I'm so happy things are still going well and speedy. Does it get lonely sometimes or are you to caught up in things to notice? I know it must be hard to be away from your husband for this long, but what an exciting reason for your seperation!

Everything sounds so beautiful and foreign. I'm sure I would take serious advantage of the fresh cookie store. Good thing I'm not there.

Good luck with remainder of your stay!