Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hard Day but moving forward (and a little random)...

Yesterday was the day I fell apart. Last summer when our trial with unemployment started I tried to hold it together. Week after week went by with no luck in this crazy market. I got frustrated with Heavenly Father so I quit praying and reading my scriptures. That didn't work so well. So I turned to him again.

Then when I had my surgery back in February and had many complications I felt him by my side, giving me strength. He gave Troy a contract job so we had money coming in while I was so sick. That was a relief and a huge blessing. Now we are faced with unemployement again because the contract ended.

This time I decided I am going to keep my faith strong. Yesterday I still had faith but I let fear creep in and panic took hold. It didn't feel good. Things just felt so overwhelming.

During the panic I found a house to go look at. The owners name was Elvis. That should have been my first clue that I wasn't going to like the house. I didn't... and neither did Troy or the kids.

TODAY was a new day. I didn't wake up this morning because I never went to bed. I was at work then had a staff meeting. But the day started better. I decided that I wanted to feel peace... so I prayed for that... and it came.... I slept really good today for the first time in awhile because I can't sleep during the day.

We took the kids to the park and had some family time. It felt so good. There was a nice breeze blowing. As we were walking and I was taking turns carrying Lauren and Reagan on my back I thought of the pioneer women walking the plains with their familes. They had different trials than we do today but did they feel discouraged... yes I'm sure they did.... Did they feel like their journey was never going to end... I'm sure they did. That's when I realized though our trials are different (and I know theirs were much harder than mine - I have running hot water and toilets just to name a couple) they probably felt the same feelings I have felt. It made me feel closer to them today. I am thankful they are strong and they can be my example to keep moving forward one step at a time until we reach our destination.

No comments: